Vehicle and Load Restraint
Loading Vehicle Suitability
- Driver’s vision must not be obstructed.
- Overhangs that are dangerous are not acceptable, even if they are within the limits below.
- If the load (including equipment used to support or retain the load) extends more than 200mm beyond the sides of the vehicle or trailer, or more than one metre beyond the front or back of the vehicle, then you must attach suitable warning device(s) to it.
- Webforge Locker will not load more than 50kg on roof racks or 80kg on Ute trade racks unless provided with written verification that the vehicle is capable of higher load.
During daylight you must attach:
- Flags (coloured white or fluorescent red, orange or yellow, at least 400mm long by 300mm wide) OR
- Standard hazard warning panels (coloured yellow/green with an orange stripe, at least 400mm long by 300mm wide).
All loads must be restrained to prevent movement during transport of material. In particular the load must be restrained to be able to resist specific forces in different directions of movement. Refer the “Safe Loading guidelines”, from the New Zealand Transport Agency: www.nzta.govt.nz
Please note that Webforge Locker is not responsible for final load lashing and securing.